Treasure ‘biggest blight yet,’ so said a future Planning Commissioner

Steve Joyce pledges fairness even after strongly worded message in 2009

by Jay Hamburger THE PARK RECORD

Posted:   04/18/2014 04:25:43 PM MDT2 Comments

 

It was late in the morning on Jan. 17, 2009 when Steve Joyce pressed the send button on an email to City Hall.

Joyce’s message went to Katie Cattan, the planner who was assigned to the disputed Treasure development proposal at the time. It was one of many messages officials received during one of the peaks in the discussions about the project, envisioned as upward of 1 million square feet of development on land overlooking Old Town along the route of the Town Lift. The opposition by then had already spent nearly five years stressing issues like traffic and the size of the proposed buildings as reasons the project should be rejected as designed.

Joyce added his take on Treasure, which then was referred to as Treasure Hill. His message and others were attached to a report about Treasure released in anticipation of a Feb. 11, 2009 meeting of the Park City Planning Commission. He mentioned traffic and the look of the project in his message. He said the Park City community was “already plagued” with traffic, large retailers like Walmart and the loss of the image of a mining town.

For the rest of this article please see the link below to the Park Record:

http://www.parkrecord.com/park_city-news/ci_25595280/treasure-biggest-blight-yet-so-said-future-planning

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Treasure Hill News

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: